Prepare to be the Movement
God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied. God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.
Matthew 5:3-8 NLT
For a movement of God to take place in our world, it must begin in us. God works through human instruments to bring about His will on the earth. That is an amazing thought that God would work through people like you and me—imperfect and flawed as we are.
Revival must happen in me before it can happen through me. Nathaniel Wood of Hillsong Church put together a list of ten ways we can personally be God’s instruments for a move of God in our world.
1. Rediscover a fresh reliance and dependence on the Holy Spirit
2. Recount to others our personal God experiences and expectations
3. Refuse to allow familiarity or longevity to rob a fresh season of God
4. Remind yourself of answered prayer & miraculous provision in the past
5. Re-establish good attitudes and Godly mindsets
6. Reprioritize spiritual disciplines
7. Re-ignite Godly desires
8. Restore the joy of His salvation
9. Recommit to a life of extravagant generosity
10. Reset your heart for the lost
God is looking for people to do His work on the earth. I want to be a part of that movement that is going to transform my city one life at a time.
Holy Spirit, I make myself available for Your work in me and through me. Transform me so that I can be Your agent of revival in my world.
Scroll down to share what you feel God is saying to you based on today’s reading.